This ‘African Drumming – Secondary – 15 Djembe Drum Pack’ is designed for smaller class groups of KS3 and older pupils, as well as adult groups and is also suitable for bigger lunchtime and after school groups.
The Pack includes 15 top quality Djembe drums. There are three sizes of Djembe, all with appropriately sized playing heads, and the three sizes will enable your group to differentiate the low, medium and high parts of many African Drumming pieces. Also included is an acclaimed teaching guide ‘African Drumming Book 1’ by World Music expert Andy Gleadhill. The African Drumming book will take you from basics through to your first performance in just 10 lessons and contains a good repertoire for a year or more of playing.
The Djembes have been specially designed for use in the classroom: the drum heads are extra strong, the shells are smooth inside and out and the rubber edging protects both the drums and the floor surface.
Special storage/carry bags are also available and will help to prolong the lives of the instruments, as well as making it safe and easy to move them around for outside events.
- Perfect for medium sized classes and bigger lunchtime and after school groups
- Includes world-leading teaching support
- For serious, long term use in the classroom or community
- Can be taught by class teachers as well as music specialists
- Appropriate drum sizes for teenagers and adults