The John Packer range of saxophones have a great reputation for quality, reliability and playability. This entry level tenor saxophone is a great choice for the young player and will take more advanced players through their middle grades.
If you are considering a purchase of multiple musical instruments for a school, music service or music education hub, please contact us directly and we'll prepare a bespoke quotation for you.
John Packer say:
For the student looking for an instrument to introduce them to the saxophone, then the John Packer JP042 Bb Tenor Saxophone is an affordable ideal choice. It has been specifically designed to aid the beginner to study and work through the lower grade exams.
The JP042 features many features normally found on more expensive professional models, and not on a saxophone at this price.
- Fully ribbed construction and double spine on the B and C keys, for additional strength
- An underslung octave mechanism
- Rust resistant blue steel springs with tension memory
- Italian leather pads that create a better seal than conventional pads
- Resonator pads to improve projection and give more depth to the tone
- High F# and front F keys
- Floating plate for little finger cluster (left hand)
- Adjustable thumb ring and sling ring
A range of modern finishes, extra engraving and abalone pearls