The Poppy is a flower that represents so much and with its classic poppy red petals and central black drum this instrument will stand out both in terms of look and sound. Adding a Poppy Petal Drum to your outdoor space is a sure-fire way to make a lasting impression.
Poppies are a well-known and well-established symbol for remembrance the world over. Sold by veteran's associations, including the American and British Legions, to commemorate civilians and military personnel who lost their lives in wars and to raise money for servicemen and servicewomen and their families.
Each ‘Petal Drum’ contains a small (10”/250mm) Babel Drum encased within specific shaped aluminum ‘petals’. The flower heads are securely mounted to a stainless-steel frame or ready to be wall-mounted and come supplied with soft, flexible mallets specifically designed to produce delightfully soft soothing tones.
Adding a hint of happy to any space, Petal Drums look and sound gorgeous on their own or with any combination of our instruments. A smart choice to quickly and simply add another dynamic to your outdoor space or playground.
- A Akebono is a traditional and well known Japanese scale with a distinct oriental sound. Easy and intuitive to learn and ideal for improvisation and constructing melodies
- Like the popular wildflower, our Poppy Drum is robust and hardy
- Soft mallets provided to produce gentle, ethereal sounds
- Red poppies are often linked to remembrance and hope
- Tuning = A Akebono (A-B-C-E-F-A)
Made to order in 6-8 Weeks.