Papilio – with a name derived from the resemblance of its elegant shape to that of the Butterfly - is a tubular bell-type metallophone constructed using notes of anodized aluminum tubes, suspended by stainless steel cables and supported by a stainless steel frame.
Tuned in the Key of C-Major, the pentatonic nature of the instrument means there are no wrong notes and any combination of sounds is pleasant.
The tonal range is from Middle C to C7 spanning 3 octaves. The Papilio can easily be played by 4 players, spanning over 2.4m or 8ft.
- Pentatonic Tuning - No Wrong Notes!
- Wide spanning - Easily played by 4 players
- Suitable for ADA Accessible Projects/Parks
- Inclusive Playground Equipment
- C Major Pentatonic (C4-C7)