The John Packer range of woodwind and brass instruments is part of our portfolio of instruments for AIMS members. This double Bb/F french horn is ideal for any student looking to advance their playing to an intermediate level and beyond.
John Packer say:
The design of the JP263Rath B/F compensating French Horn is geared towards the progressing player looking for a lighter weight French Horn with access to both the Bb and F sides of the instrument.
Michael Rath is highly regarded for his trombone designs, but what is less well known is that he spent ten years working with Paxman’s making French Horns.
The JP263 Rath Bb/F French Horn features:
- Constructed from high grade 80:20 brass throughout;
- Exclusive Rath design leadpipe;
- Includes a compensating system allowing access to both Bb and F sides of the instrument;
- Mechanical (ball & socket) linkage and neoprene valve bumpers, usually reserved for more expensive French Horns;
- Reversible Bb/F lever for those who prefer the horn to stand in Bb rather than F.