Izzo Senior 12" Caixa
The Caixa is a snare drum with thick wires that is tuned to a high pitch and used to play the repetitive driving rhythms that give samba music its urgency. Unlike its Western marching band counterpart, it's played snare-side up. This model has a 12" head on each end of the 15cm body, held in place by gleaming chrome counter hoops and 6 adjustable tension rods. A combination of the aluminium shell and durable white Nylon skins - the definitive samba drum construction materials - ensures optimum resonance which creates that recognisable carnival tone. Each drum comes fully assembled and includes a tuning key for tightening the skins.
- Traditional resonant aluminium shells with classy matt finish
- Fitted with two Nylon drum heads and 6 snare wires
- Approximate dimensions: 12" head diameter and 6" height
- Hard-wearing chrome hardware with 6 tension rods
- Authentic Brazilian instrument manufactured in famous Sao Paolo factory
- Supplied fully assembled and includes tuning key