Izzo Junior 12" Caixa
The Caixa is a large snare drum with thick wires that is tuned to a high pitch and used to play the repetitive driving rhythms that give samba music its urgency. Unlike its Western marching band counterpart, it's played snare-side up. This model has a 12" head on each end of the 20cm shell, held in place by strong aluminium counter hoops and rods. Each drum comes fully assembled and all the hardware is painted with protective black paint. Both of the durable synthetic skins can be tightened using the supplied tuning key.
- Made from thinner lightweight aluminium - perfect for young players
- Approximate dimensions: 12" head diameter and 8" height
- Ribbed construction for extra strength
- Fitted with two synthetic drum heads and black aluminium counter hoops with 5 tension rods
- Adjustable wound metal snare wire
- Authentic Brazilian instrument manufactured in famous Sao Paolo factory