This Wide Top African Drumming pack is perfect for lunchtime, after school groups or for smaller class groups of secondary pupils or adult players.
The Pack includes 10 top quality, wide diameter Djembe drums. There are three sizes of Djembe, all with appropriately sized playing heads, and the three sizes will enable your group to differentiate the low, medium and high parts of many African Drumming pieces. The wide top djembes are lighter and more compact than traditional djembes and have been specially designed for use in the classroom; the drum heads are extra wide and strong, the shells are smooth inside and out and the rubber edging protects both the drums and the floor surface.
Also included is the acclaimed teaching guide by world music expert Andy Gleadhill; ‘African Drumming Book 1’. The African Drumming book will take the group from basics through to their first performance in just 10 lessons and contains a good repertoire for a year or more of playing.
Special storage/carry bags are also available and will help to prolong the lives of the instruments, as well as making it safe and easy to move them around for outside events.
- Perfect for smaller classes, lunchtime and after school groups
- Wide Top djembes are lighter and take up less storage space
- Includes world-leading teaching support
- Great for lunchtime and after school groups
- Can be taught by class teachers as well as music specialists
- Appropriate drum sizes for secondary pupils and adults