This super value ‘African Drumming – Primary – 10 Player Starter Pack’ has been specially designed for lunchtime, after school groups and small class groups of KS3 and older pupils and is the perfect choice for schools wishing to try out our collaborative ‘learning by playing’ approach on a small scale before taking the plunge into whole class ensemble playing.
The Pack includes 3 top quality Djembe drums and 7 percussion instruments, to give you a wide range of authentic African Drumming sounds. There are three sizes of Djembe, all with appropriately sized playing heads, and the three sizes will enable your group to differentiate the low, medium and high parts of many African Drumming pieces.
Also included are two acclaimed teaching guides by World Music expert Andy Gleadhill; ‘African Drumming Book 1’ and ‘Percussion Buddies’. The African Drumming book will take the group from basics through to their first performance in just 10 lessons and contains a good repertoire for a year or more of playing. The Percussion Buddies book will show you how to develop percussion accompaniments for almost any piece, whether drumming, choral, ukulele or any other ensemble.
- Super low cost starter solution for smaller classes and clubs
- Great for lunchtime and after school groups
- Includes world-leading teaching support
- For serious, long term use in the classroom or community
- Can be taught by class teachers as well as music specialists
- Appropriate drum sizes for teenagers and adults